The San Mateo County Library is a Joint Powers Authority (JPA) and comprised of the cities of Atherton, Belmont, Brisbane, East Palo Alto, Foster City, Half Moon Bay, Millbrae, Pacifica, Portola Valley, San Carlos, Woodside, and the unincorporated areas of the county.
The Friends of the Millbrae Library offer the following items for sale:
- Headphones - $2.50
Books Sales and Donations
The Millbrae Library is pleased to accept the following types of materials in good condition:
- Hardcover and paperback books
- CD’s, DVD’s, Cassettes, and Videos
However, due to limits in storage and disposal space, and the potential for damage to the library’s collection, the library cannot accept the materials listed below:
- Materials that have been stored in a garage
- Books with an accumulation of dust or cobwebs
- Books with yellow or torn pages or water damage
- Books that have been highlighted or marked with pen or pencil
- Musty material smelling of mildew (try the sniff test)
- Reader’s Digest Condensed books
- Textbooks and out-of-date computer books
- Encyclopedias more than 10 years old
Donations which meet the guidelines of acceptability may be brought to the Accounts Desk. Please do not leave books outside of the library or place donations in the book return. If you have a large donation (3 boxes or more), please call ahead to make an appointment (650) 697-7607.
The Friends of the Millbrae Library Book Store is located inside the Millbrae Library and is open during regular library hours. The Book Store offers a wide selection of English children’s and adult books and A/V media as well as Chinese and Japanese materials. There are two large book sales each year that take place in the library meeting rooms. Throughout the year there are outdoor bargain book sales, including a $5 Bag of Books sale. For specific dates and times please contact Judi Sullivan at (650) 697-7607.