Rebates for High Efficiency Toilets (HETs)
Millbrae water customers are eligible for toilet rebates when they replace an existing toilet with new efficient models. Starting on July 1, 2017, only the MaP Premium HET toilets that flush at 1.06 gallons or less will be available with a rebate amount of up to $125.
The Standard EPA WaterSense Labeled HET toilets that flush at 1.28 gallons with a rebate amount of up to $75 are no eligible for a rebate.
Please review the application for eligibility and details.
- MaP Premium HETs are the most efficient toilets available on the market. In addition to meeting the rigorous performance standards of the WaterSense labeled toilets, MaP Premium toilets must use 1.06 gallons per flush or less and meet a minimum MaP threshold of 600 grams of waste removed from the toilet in a single flush. MaP stands for the Maximum Performance scale that rates toilet efficiency and flush performance and gives detailed information on individual toilet characteristics. For more information on the PREMIUM model HET Toilets, see the following website online: http://www.map-testing.com/info/menu/map-seach-info.html
Download the link below to access the rebate application, and for a listing of qualifying toilets. For additional information, please call 650-259-2348.
A maximum of 3 rebates for toilets are allowed per residence. Businesses are eligible for additional HET rebates upon approval from the Public Works Department by calling 650-259-2348. See the application for details.
Rebates for High Efficiency Clothes Washers
Notice: The Clothes Washer Machine Rebate Program has Ended!
Rainwater Harvesting Information and Rebate Program
Rebates are available for rainwater harvesting systems including rain barrels and cisterns. Please call the City of Millbrae's Water Conservation Division at (650) 259-2348 for more information.
- Rainwater Harvesting Rebate Program Application
- Rainwater Harvesting in Millbrae Brochure
- Bay Area Stormwater Management Agencies Association (BASMAA) Rain Barrels and Cisterns Brochure
- Use Guidelines and Health Information
- Mosquito Prevention Guidelines
Free Sprinkler Nozzle Head Program