Rebates for High Efficiency Toilets (HETs)
Millbrae water customers are eligible for toilet rebates when they replace an existing toilet with new efficient models. There are two levels of rebates for high efficiency toilets.
- The MaP Premium HET toilets flush at 1.06 gallons or less with a rebate amount of up to $125.
- The Standard EPA WaterSense Labeled HET toilets flush at 1.28 gallons with a rebate amount of up to $75.
Please review the application for eligibility and details.
What are HETs?
The standard WaterSense labeled HETs are water-efficient toilets that are designed to use 1.28 GPF or less and meet a minimum MaP threshold of 350 grams of waste removed from the toilet fixture in a single flush.
- MaP Premium HETs are the most efficient toilets available on the market. In addition to meeting the rigorous performance standards of the WaterSense labeled toilets, MaP Premium toilets must use 1.06 gallons per flush or less and meet a minimum MaP threshold of 600 grams of waste removed from the toilet in a single flush. MaP stands for the Maximum Performance scale that rates toilet efficiency and flush performance and gives detailed information on individual toilet characteristics. For more information on the PREMIUM model HET Toilets, see the following website online: http://www.map-testing.com/info/menu/map-seach-info.html
Download the link below to access the rebate application and to print it, and for a listing of qualifying toilets. For additional information, please call 650-259-2348.
A maximum of 3 rebates for toilets are allowed per residence. Businesses are eligible for additional HET rebates upon approval from the Public Works Department by calling 650-259-2348. See the application for details.
Rebates for High Efficiency Clothes Washers
Notice: The Clothes Washer Machine Rebate Program is Ending!
The Clothes Washer Machine Rebate Program is ending on December 31, 2106 due to PG&E ending the program. PG&E processes rebates and provides a portion of the rebate amount. It is not feasible at this time to continue the program without PG&E’s support. The City of Millbrae has provided clothes washer rebates for approximately 25 years and continues to provide rebates for high efficiency toilets, rain barrels and sprinkler nozzle heads. Applications for qualifying washers purchased through December 31, 2016 may be submitted up until 60 days thereafter until the end of February.
Current Program Until December 31, 2016: A total rebate of up to $150 is offered for the purchase and installation of an Energy Star Most Efficient clothes washer. The City of Millbrae pays $100 and PG&E pays $50 for a total combined rebate of up to $150. These clothes washers represent the leading edge in energy efficient products. Click here for a list of the qualifying Energy Star Most Efficient 2016 clothes washers.
You can access the clothes washer rebate application and information here. You can also email a request for a rebate form along with your mailing address to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 650.259.2348 for more information.
Rainwater Harvesting Information and Rebate Program
Rebates are available for rainwater harvesting systems including rain barrels and cisterns. Please call the City of Millbrae's Water Conservation Division at (650) 259-2348 for more information.
- Rainwater Harvesting Rebate Program Application
- Rainwater Harvesting in Millbrae Brochure
- Bay Area Stormwater Management Agencies Association (BASMAA) Rain Barrels and Cisterns Brochure
- Use Guidelines and Health Information
- Mosquito Prevention Guidelines
Free Sprinkler Nozzle Head Program