Model Water Efficient Landscape Ordinance
The Model Water Efficient Landscape Ordinance (MWELO) was adopted by the State in 2015 and thereafter adopted by the City. Applicable projects as outlined below are required to comply with the landscape regulations.
Affected Projects and Landscapes
- New development projects that include landscape areas of 500 square feet or more. This applies to residential, commercial, industrial and institutional projects that require a permit, plan check or design review.
- Existing landscapes that are being rehabilitated and are 2,500 square feet or more that are associated with a building or landscape permit, plan check, or design review are subject to the Ordinance.
- Existing landscapes over one acre in size have regulations based on if there is an irrigation meter.
- Water Efficient Landscape Ordinance Process & Procedures
- WELO Chapter 2.7 Legislation Millbrae
- Appendix B Water Efficient Landscape Worksheet
- Appendix C Certificate of Completion - Installation
- Outdoor Water Efficiency Checklist - Res_REVISED 2 Millbrae
- Outdoor Water Efficiency Checklist - Nonres_REVISED 2
- Appendix D Prescriptive Compliance Option